Light/Breezes

Light/Breezes
SUNRISE AT DEATH VALLEY-Photo by Tom Cochrun

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

VISUAL PLEASURE

TREES, SHADOWS AND LIGHT
It's like Yogi Berra said
"you can observe a lot just by watching."
 An appealing virtue of San Luis Obispo
is the beauty of the trees lining
the streets.  Though, as I looked
at the one above, I wondered how the 
trimmer would proceed.
 In the quiet of this early morning, I was 
smitten by the shadow play along Monterey Street.


 The buildings provide a ready palate for the
shadow art.


San Luis Obispo lives up to its reputation of being a
town of Mediterranean temperament.
Rare is the day when the sun is not
a presence in San Luis Obispo. The
official stats indicate 315 days of sun each year.
It seems like more than that.
See you down the trail.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have your concerns in SLO, but in some ways it looks like a place time forgot. Beautiful. Mrs. Chatterbox and I have been thinking about relocating to a warmer, sunnier climate when our obligations here come to an end (See my current post--Last Night's Conversation with Mother.) I was born in California and the time might be coming for my return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, it looks like you were photographing while driving. Tsk, tsk. Nice lookin' town, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen-come for a visit or two. There is a lot to like.
    Bruce-actually, waiting for Lana in a shop. It gave me a chance to
    enjoy the shadows. Usually we are in town later in the day.

    ReplyDelete