Light/Breezes

Light/Breezes
SUNRISE AT DEATH VALLEY-Photo by Tom Cochrun

Monday, October 3, 2011

SIDE SHOTS

OFF THE MAIN DRAG
It is probably a result of years of reporting.
but I like finding the out of the way and even
obscure spots.  Side streets, side roads
and alleys are good for holding interesting
places and scenes.
You see things most people never see.





Here's the latest from my friend Bob 

Last June, I struck up a friendship at Gift of Life Transplant House 
with a fellow from the Twin Cities named "Jim." He had the same 
diagnosis as I, chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Jim's  first stem cell 
transplant was unsuccessful, so he underwent a second. Jim went home 
about six weeks ago. Diane and I saw Jim today. His second transplant 
has failed. The donor cells have all but vanished...and so has his 
leukemia! Jim is completely disease free. The Mayo transplant doctors 
can't explain it. Jim is cured. Praise Jesus! We see so many miracles up 
here, but this is the first that was so dramatic.

Me? I'm slugging through. Came close to chronic fatigue syndrome this 
week. A Mayo nurse got on me about getting rest and so I did. A minor 
infection may have cropped up due to my immuno-suppression, but we 
caught it in time. I go back on the steroids Monday. Two more weeks of 
3x per week chemo injections to go. We will be out of Rochester sometime 
in mid-October. Then, re-test the bone marrow.

Foster
If you've been following Bob's story here, you 
know he is a guy with great strength, determination
and faith.
See you down the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment