Light/Breezes

Light/Breezes
SUNRISE AT DEATH VALLEY-Photo by Tom Cochrun

Saturday, April 27, 2024

WILD Close UP


The 16th Annual Wildflower show, nothing short of spectacular.

Teams began gathering yesterday (Friday 4/26 and finished up this morning)

Somewhere between 400-500 individual specimens, all gathered from this area. 

Enjoy a few of them, thanks to the Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve.

 


































This is one of the reasons Cambria is a hiker's paradise.

See you down the trail.

3 comments:

  1. Actually I was not impressed. Many of the specimens seemed too large for the containers they were in. And flower arranging doesn't seem to be an art form in your community. I think next year, just everyone to come and view Lana's spectacular garden. Judy asked if she did a poster this year and I said I think she does them for the art and wine festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as critical as Bruce, and likely less knowledgeable, but I thought most of the displays were lovely. I'm just a Montana guy who ain't been around the block, and couldn't name most of the flowers though. Cheers, and thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, whoever Catalist is, please note this was not a flower arranging show. This was a specimin showing of California wild flowers, and as such it did it well. My desire see the names of all of them was thwarted by the camera man/poster, but I thank you for what I could see, and marvel at the abundance of floriferousness of your Cambria hills.

    ReplyDelete