Light/Breezes

Light/Breezes
SUNRISE AT DEATH VALLEY-Photo by Tom Cochrun

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

MEDITATIONS ON MEN, WOMEN & EROS

A PRAYER FOR PETRAEUS

" LORD GIVE ME CHASTITY-BUT NOT YET"
Saint Augustine  354-430
     It's too bad for the whole cast that any of this is now front page and 24/7 news.  
"Deceiving others, that is what the world 
calls a romance"
Oscar Wilde
     How does it begin?  A touch, a look, a playful flirtation that goes too far?
      Sad that a good man with stellar service to his nation is deposed by private actions and sad too that we are denied his capable skill.
"The surest protection against temptation is cowardice."
Mark Twain
      We are right to question though, why a chief of intelligence would leave the kind of trail that investigators have chased.
"Oh what a tangled web we weave...when first we
practice to deceive."
Walter Scott
Quoted by Senator Sam Ervin during Watergate

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy
with odd old ends stolen out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
William Shakespeare, Richard III

  As editorial cartoons and pundits have noted, Petraeus is not alone in his submission to lust.
"I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed
adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will
do this and he forgives me."
President Jimmy Carter

"We are never like angels till our passion dies."
Thomas Dekker  1572-1632

   And so our national soap opera turns.  But I wonder, 
should we really care?
"The saints are sinners who kept on going."
Robert Louis Stevenson  1850-1894

DAY FILE
CALIFORNIA TEXTURE
















   See you down the trail.









4 comments:

  1. Why in the world would the generals get themselves involved with those whacked sisters to the point that they would write letters to the judge in a custody case one had already lost.

    Someone coined the phrase 'The Real Housewives of Centcom"

    Trust me on this, this isn't Petraeus' first rodeo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Saints are sinners who kept on going." I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sex is sex, and politics is politics, and ever the twain shall meet (or meat).

    ReplyDelete