Light/Breezes

Light/Breezes
SUNRISE AT DEATH VALLEY-Photo by Tom Cochrun

Friday, August 10, 2012

THE WEEKENDER :) ENJOY THE GAMES

IT'S ONLY EVERY FOUR YEARS
     Late the other night, or early one morning as it was, I headed off to bed, wondering why I had stayed so late at the party, watching BMX racing.  I don't usually watch BMX racing, but this was of the Olympic variety, and well, a gold medal was on the line.  And it was fascinating, maybe because of the newness.
     The Olympics do this sort of thing to me.  Maybe it is the pre-event hype and background, but I get kind of addicted to the games.  I find myself suddenly in possession of knowledge about lives and histories of athletes that a few weeks ago I didn't know existed. 
     I do marvel at the talent, skill and power of the competitors.  I'm particularly keen on track, since that was my best high school sport. I was even captain of the team, but when I see how quickly Husain Bolt covered the 100 and compare it to my best speed and wonder if we were on the track at the same time, well, the best I can say is that we started at the same time.  
     Anyway, we head into the last weekend of the extravaganza and I leave you with a sport and young sportsman that you'll likely never see on an Olympic medal stand, but I suspect you'll find this amazing.  It's all in the spirit of the Weekender :).  Have fun with this.
See you down the trail.

3 comments:

  1. A future Rube Goldberg in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for addictive Olympic television try Dressage to music...it's the new curling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to watch any of the Olympics except part of the opening ceremonies. But I read about them.

    ReplyDelete